Monday, May 25, 2009

Magic Monday: The Magic in a Salon

image credit: stevenbobb.com and la-story.com

Happy Memorial Day! Today for Magic Monday, I would like to talk about one of my favorite places to visit: The Salon. There is something magical about the salon. When I walk into a salon, I feel a creative vibe from all of the hair stylists. I feel like they are looking at me as though my hair (to them) is like clay that needs to be sculpted into a masterpiece.

They are all artists and have all of these fancy sprays and volume-creating cremes that bring life to our hair. It is so fun learning new tricks for current styles and trends. Doing something to promote yourself feels amazing. I have indulged myself by visiting the salon twice this month. I finally found a stylist who is pure genius.

Hair stylists wear many hats as well. I feel like they are psychologists, artists, motivators and most of all our friends. When I take a seat in the chair of a great hair stylist, I feel as though I am transformed into a stronger more confident Meredith. It is amazing how a good hair cut can make me feel like I can take on the world. To all great hair stylists out there, I salute you!

Me taking on the world 05/25/2009

Have a Magically Confident Monday!

2 comments:

Ryan Towe said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Sweet action. I will now have to blog stalk you...

Thanks for the comments on the photos! Hope you and Chris are having a fantastic Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute in that photo! I don't like the salon; I love a fresh hair cut, but once we're past the hair wash and scalp massage (best part) I get nervous. And I wish I was allowed to blow dry my own hair, I don't like having that done for me. I don't know why, I'm just weird I guess. Hope you had a great long weekend! :)