Monday, March 8, 2010

A Night at the Oscars...The Hurt Locker "hurts" Avatar Big Time!

The Hurt Locker killed most of Avatar's hopes: winning Best Picture and scoring first female Director win. They took home six oscars in total! I have not seen this Award winning film yet, but when my husband comes home it will be one of the first we see together. The Hurt Locker definitely blew out Hollywood's biggest evening!


I was so proud of my two picks for the evening: Sandra Bullock for her performance in The Blind Side and Christoph Waltz for his performance in Inglorious Basterds. I really hoped they would win and they didn't disappoint. Christoph Waltz's performance was so incredible as the Nazi "Jew hunter" and I have never seen an actor deserve to win more brilliantly (even though I hated his character with a passion)!
My first job in Hollywood was as an extra on Miss Congeniality 2 and I remember Sandra Bullock coming up and saying hello to all the extras (me being one of them). She was so friendly and professional. I am so happy she took home a much deserved and long awaited win.

My favorite dress of the evening was worn by Sandra Bullock. She graced an old Hollywood look with a Marchesa lace and metallic sheath. It was very elegant and a perfect compliment next to her Oscar.


I also loved Cameron Diaz in this brilliantly dazzling Oscar de la Renta gown! She looked so glamorous and elegant. Simply beautiful, Cameron!

Jake Gyllenhaal made my heart skip a beat showing up in a custom-tailored Burberry Tuxedo. I don't think it was just the tux that made my heart stop though. Woe, this guy is seriously handsome!

All together a great night at the Oscars!

image credits: redcarpetfashionreportcard.com

3 comments:

Julie Cottrell Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Cottrell Photography said...

i haven't seen any of the nominated movies so i couldn't really get into the oscars this year. plus, 10 movies nominated for best picture is just WAY to many! did you have any movies you were rooting for? where are your worst dressed picks? ;) charlize theron's boobie dress was weird.

Julie Cottrell Photography said...

oops sorry, just saw your picks. my reading comprehension skills are lacking tonight. ;) sandra bullock's dress was my favorite too, btw.