Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Month Without My Husband


Well this past Sunday was officially one month without C. He went off to basic training for the Air Force and left on December 27, 2009. It seems like an eternity without him! I have had some major laziness happening on my end and I feel lost without him. However, I've started looking for another job this week. I am currently a personal trainer at a local fitness club, but the owner hired me for a new club being built downtown. I found out Friday that the club's construction has major delays and we probably won't start working until early March.

On a sad note, C was injured in Basic training and mainly hurt his left knee. He has stress fractures in both knees and his left knee has some other injuries to his MCL. We were hoping he would recover and be able to rejoin his Basic Training Flight, but it does not look so promising. It looks like he will be medically discharged and will have to remain in the medical unit for another 2 and half months! Ugh, I cannot imagine one more day without him much less months! I keep looking up though, because I know God has a plan for us.

I have learned a great deal from this whole experience; in which I am forever grateful! It is so important to be with those that we love and make sure they know we love them everyday. Life is too short to be apart or hold grudges! I love my husband and I pray he comes home to me safe and as soon as possible! I am just thankful I will not have to worry about C going to Iraq or Afghanistan. I now have a new found respect for all the wives and husbands left behind.

No comments: