Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Dad's Birthday January 4th

This year my dad requested something for his birthday, which was Monday January 4th. He never asks for anything, but this year he said he needed a Golf vest. I made a funny face and laughed. "A golf vest?" I replied. I said I would search for one since he requested it; which he never does. I found out that there are many kinds of golfing vests: Sweater vests, pull-over vests, wind-resistant vests etc. So I called him and asked what kind he wanted. He said wind-resistant and so I happily went back to the store to find a wind-resistant vest for my pops. I also found the biggest candy bar I had ever seen and had to buy it for him too. I'm serious, it had to weigh about 5lbs.

I took him out to lunch today at a nice restaurant that over looked the water. He opened the gift and smiled. It made me so happy to see my dad's true smile. You know how your loved one's have different smiles? They have a just being polite smile and a smile that is a true smile. Well that was the smile my dad gave to me and it made my heart so happy. It was a good day filled with true smiles, a wind-resistant golf vest, and a very large candy bar.

The was like the vest except I got him a tan color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes it easy when they tell you exactly what they want and then you can get it, and experience their true joy. Yay for you and pops!