Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight Review: Suck Your Blood or Just Sucks

There have been a few vampire movies that I have enjoyed such as "Interview with the Vampire" and "Blade", however I cannot say I enjoyed "Twilight" like I thought I would have. I had been excited to see it since all the hype Stephanie Meyer's debut novel series had received. I must say I was very disappointed with the film. It could have been so much better if the direction was on track. I felt so awkward when up close shots were not needed and some scenes were way to slow for the story line. It hurts to see such a great story come across almost cheesy at the theatres. My nachos were cheesy enough thank you.

I did love Robert Pattinson, (pictured to the right) casted as Edward Cullen; and Billy Burke, casted as Bella's father. They both were enjoyable to watch. Visually, Robert Pattinson graded an A+ as gorgeous vampires go, but he was hurting for better direction. I absolutely love the story idea of a young girl falling for a Vampire, but the film did not meet up to my excitement. I do plan to read Stephanie Meyer's novels, regardless of how feel about the film. I pray they make much needed adjustments to additional movies to come (if any).

I suggest to rent "Twilight" instead of wasting your money on going to the theatre. It does have some spectacular cinematography and young teens definitely should enjoy the visual story telling of Stephanie Meyer's beloved Edward and Bella. However, in my opinion, hot vampire love story on big screen equals catastrophe.


I give this movie one out of four stars.
image credits: movies.com/ imdb.com/encyclopedia.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't like it :( I loved it!!!